Tuesday 19 July 2016

My Family Members Was Burnt, Just for me To Join Islam

Lami lost her family members when Boko Haram attacks at her small village in Gwoza, Borno state.

Lami John's case is one of many at the New Kuchingoro Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Abuja.
A woman breastfeeds her baby after being rescued from Boko Harm, near Mubi, northeast Nigeria October 29, 2015. REUTERS/StringerA mother of two, Lami, 27, lost her husband, parents and grand parents in one night to Boko Haram attacked her small village in Gwoza local government of Borno state on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
 "They  (Boko Haram insurgents) killed my husband, both parents and grandparents all in one night. They burnt my family and asked me to accept Islam. They threatened to behead me if I don't accept Islam but I refused. So they took me to Sambisa forest,"  she said.

Lami who spoke in smattering English told Falcaong that she escaped from the terrorist camp during a face-off between the insurgents and the military.

Northeast Nigeria food crisis could be worse than thought: UN"I escaped with my children during their with the soldiers to a mountain close to Cameroon. I spent 24 days from Sambisa to Cameroon without food; then two months and five days to Mubi in Adamawa state where I boarded a lorry to Abuja," she said.

The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has said that 250,000 children in Borno state are severely malnourished and face a high risk of death.
Meanwhile, the Borno government, on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 said it would stop centralised cooking in IDP camps in August

No comments:

Post a Comment